Thursday, August 18, 2011

On to the new daily challenge

Hello and welcome to the new daily challenge. As promised here are the images that I said that I would be uploading

Here is the first one. I always knew that my Dad was out doing special stuff with the army, but then I saw him in a episode of G.I. Joe and I just knew that it was him. It looked just like him. So much so that I even went out and bought the toy so that he had to explain himself. But, alas he just laughed at me and said that it wasn't him. Even though it might be true that it isn't him I had to draw Sgt Stalker


Here is number two. Since I was corrected on who the best ninja actually is and the attention that this character that I created was getting I thought I should go ahead and do up a sketch card for him too. Here is Shadow Snake. This card already sold at the Chicago Comic Con. I guess I really do need to do more drawings of this character.


Now we move on to the the new daily challenge and start showing off some Dark Legacy cards that I have penciled. Some of these might come off a boring but you will just have to trust me and believe that I will make it look really cool by the time it is finished. So, let's get started

I am currently working on all the magic cards for the first set. The first card that I would like to show you is Blizzard.


I know I know it doesn't exactly look like much but I have a good idea of what it is going to look like once it is done and I needed the background to be more minimal for it to work. This is one of those ones where you are just going to have to trust me.


Next is Fire Storm. I had a lot of fun drawing this one. I was making a lot of swooshing and explosion sounds in the airport when I was drawing it. People thought I was crazy but hey what do I care I am an artist and I am aloud to make noises when I draw.


Earthquake is next. All I did for this one was look at a couple of earthquake pictures and put them together. Nothing like taking three or four disaster pictures and putting them together to make one really awesome destruction picture.


The next one I did was Laser Eyes. I didn't really know where to go with t
his one. I was think about Cyclops from X-men and how he would
shoot his eye beams, but I thought that would be too obvious. I was then told that I need to draw more women so this is what came out of that conversation.


Lava Gusher was fairly easy I had reference and I drew it. I like the way it looks and I am eager to color this one so that it can be finished. I think this might be one of the better looking ones once it is done.



Lastly is going to be Tornado.

I like this one because once I started showing this image around the studio, my studio mates were telling me that the planet that Dark Legacy takes place in is going to be a very dangerous one. Not only is the Kaiser destroying everything but there are all these natural disasters that are so strong that people have to worry about. I laughed and said that you have to be pretty tough to survive on the planet Titan.


I hope that you enjoyed the images that I posted to catch us up to where I am supposed to be in my daily challenge. Thanks for looking. See you tomorrow.
Kaiser




2 comments:

  1. These are all coming along great. I really like Sgt Stalker and Firestorm, but Earthquake is actually my favorite. It's really interesting seeing your environments and how you handle the lines, it's so different than your characters.

    Way to stick with it, looking forward to seeing the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Glad that you like what I have done so far. There is more to come so stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete