Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 7 of the 90 day challenge.

The day has come to post. Do you think that I made it? Yea, I wasn't so sure I was going to be able to make it either. As always a lot of things happened that tried to get me to fail right out of the gate. As soon as I posted about doing this 90 day challenge I got an email for Toys R Us asking me to do work. Of course I said yes, which meant that I really had to work my time management skills.

There is also some other work that I am doing for a couple of other companies. As soon as I can, I will show everyone what I have been working on for those other companies.

I did make it, just in case you were still wondering if I did.. I even did better than I thought I would. I was able to finish 10 cards in seven days. I might have been able to finish a couple more but there were things that were a bit more important to me than staying up all night to pump out more cards. Now next week might be a different story but I just don't know.

I think that is enough babble on to the cards.



This was the first card that I did in the week. I wanted to start off with something a bit easier. This one is called Bionic Legs. Nothing too advanced in concept just a pair of bionic legs. Once this card is activated the Hero is able to hit creatures with flying.




This is one of my favorite weapons is Dark Legacy thus far. This is the Boomerang Blade. This is the weapon that Oz uses. This is a pretty big weapon. It is a tree cutter if used right. The idea behind this weapon is that it uses magic to insure that it comes back in such a way that is won't cut you in half. The orange magic coming out of the handle is what make the weapon come back. It is like a very powerful magnet. Hey, I thought it was a cool idea.



This is the Enhanced Solider. I didn't want to over do it with the enhancements. This card isn't that strong so I wanted him to look more human than robot. I think that the character says fighter and still has a bit of an advantage over the people who are not enhanced.



This is the Necklace of Knowledge. This card allows you to look at the next card in your deck. Nothing to fancy but it could prove very helpful in a strategic move to end the game



This is the Psychic Motivator. To tell you the truth when I was creating this image I was thinking that there was a creature within the rock and that is its eye in the middle. So, the creature within the rock was able to talk to you telepathically and make you do things that will benefit the creature. Once again I thought it was a cool idea.



This is Ratakarna's puzzle. This one took longer than it should have. I was making it so that all the pieces can actually go together. So if someone was to really make this puzzle it would actually go together. I have to say that I don't know if it was worth all the time that I put into the thought process, but none the less I like how this one came out. And, knowing that it would actually fit together is just something cool that I get to say to people now.



This is Rock Form. Nothing to daring here. Just thought I should make the rock warmer instead of the normal cool blue rock that I have done in the past. I used some complementary colors to make it work better. I do like how the green pushes the creature forwards.



This weapon is called the Spider X-25. It has been a weapon that has been in my head for some time. I have to say that this version makes a lot more sense than any of the others that I drew out. The first designs were all about making a rifle that could split into two different guns. That's right I said split. What can I say I was young and thought that it would be awesome if that could work. Alas now that I am older I just don't see how that would work. So I made my version of an assault riffle with a M203 attachment.



Thermal Vision should have been easy, but after looking at a lot of pictures I just didn't think that I had it right. I actually had to use some of the filters that Photoshop has in order to get the effect that I wanted. I am not a big user of the filters, but in this case it just worked.



This is my Vampire card. This card started out as something completely different. Then I realized that I had already made that card so I did some tweaks, toned down the skin color added some fangs, that you might not even be able to see but they are there, and just tried be make it a bit creepy. I like this card, especially after it was supposed to be something completely different.


There you have it, my 10 cards for the week. I am very happy with my progress on the challenge. I hope that I will be able to keep it up. Thank you for looking and don't forget to come back next week and see what I was able to finish in the next seven days.

Thanks
Kaiser

No comments:

Post a Comment